Monday, March 31, 2008

Joining the world of bloggers....and a note about Quivers

I was feeling a little left out and have also so enjoyed some dear friends blogs so much that alas, I thought it was time to join. A good way to keep many of our out of town friends and family abreast on what is happening in our parts. To know us, it would be suffice to say that more often than not, things are always changing and evolving etc. :)

On the quiver note... I understand there is a whole evangelical Christian movement on the fullness of one's quiver and whether or not families allow God to decide that size. I don't wish to debate on the theological perspective of this idea, as, for one, I really don't have a strong opinion either way. In bow and arrow talk, I believe most "quivers" (or cases for holding arrows) hold at least 12 arrows at a time. Ahem...with that all said, I firmly believe my/all children are a heritage and blessing from the Lord. And to think that He, my God, would entrust ME, to nurture and care for these little people He has given me, is such an awesome, sometimes overwhelming, and humbling honor. With the impending birth of our little girl (baby #4) coming fast, I would like to say that my cup (and quiver) is overflowing and FULL! Not to say that God cannot change our (mine and Ira's) hearts, but as of now...as SO many people ask, I thought I would answer here, I am beyond blessed with soon to be 4 little Steele's to love!


One of my favorite quotes, (from the westminster catechism) and really life goal for my family is this...

"The chief end of man is to know God, and enjoy Him FOREVER"!

For my children to know God, and to share eternity with them is my deepest hearts desire.
And so, as I have neglected those little blessings for the past 30 minutes, I must go for now. :)

No comments: