Thursday, May 29, 2008

Pure Craziness

Is that not the essence of my life though!? Ahhh, what's life, if you don't live it to the fullest? So, full speed ahead, here-in lies the craziness for the next, oh 3-4 weeks.

Going back just a little, like this past weekend, Ira left last Sat. to, ahem, "another COUNTRY", for the week for "work". Also marking my 36th week of pregnancy, yes folks, approx. 3-4 weeks until baby's due date. Anyways, what was supposed to be a memorial weekend of house work (the never ending remo we have going on), turned out to be Ira out of town and me taking the 3 (1/2) kiddos to Maryland to visit Uncle Dan, Aunt Hope(y) and cousins (Ira's brother's fam). This is not a complaint, we had a GREAT time. They only live about 2 1/2 hours away and the drive was not bad at all. They have such a great, fun place to visit and it's always great to see them!

A small plug for where they live...check out http://www.rivervalleyranch.com/ They work and live there, an awesome Christian camp and beautiful place! I highly recommend it and can't say enough about it! We haven't even been there for camp yet and always have the best time!

Anyways, our trip was great. Probably the most relaxing 3 days I've had in a LONG time. The kids all love each other and get along so great, in fact Leah had a HUGE meltdown because she didn't want to leave. I think the biggest part was that she didn't want to leave the 4 week old Jack Russel puppy that she fell in love with! By the way, this was just the thing to re-spark that "when can I have a puppy" fire that we have danced circles around for YEARS now! So, far I've held her off until "after the baby comes"......oh man, what are we going to do. I'll post some pics at the end of here.

So, that is a short sum of this past weekend. In a semi-short sum of the following weeks; tomorrow, we leave for our camping trip (fri.-sun.). We are headed to Yogi Bear campground http://www.jellystonenj.com/, with a site next to the bathroom of course, and an air mattress for me (the only real necessities for me at this point). If you have followed the past several weeks, you will know this is our 2nd try, as the first scheduled trip was supposed to be mother's day weekend, but we had illness up the wahzoo over here, so alas we have not given up. I still have to pack clothes and food, Ira gets home from his 7 hour time difference around noon tomorrow, and apparently we are all loading into his truck for the trip (two person cab, me driving, and Ira in the back of the truck camper, Owen in front with me (don't worry, has air-bag off button), for our 45min. ride. So, I'll let you know how it goes...that's this weekend.

Next Thursday, (yes, by your calculations I will be just about 38 weeks preggo), we are heading to Richmond, VA through Sunday, for the home school convention, visiting old neighbors/friends and church! We obviously need desperate help and encouragement, or we wouldn't be going of course!

Then, the weekend after that, and yes, one week to my due date, is Ira's sister's wedding in Lynchburg, VA (6 hour trip with no kids). Now, those of you who know my birth history, will know that I don't generally go "early", like weeks early, but not late either...I guess you would say I am pretty timely with in a day or two of my projected "due date". So, the wedding may be a questionable go, depending on my midwife visit that week, but we are making a valiant effort. I hate to miss it really! We'll see.

So then, that brings us to June 22nd weekend, and baby #4 should be on her way, if she's not already here by then!! A whirlwind it has been, a whirlwind it is, and such are the days of my life...and wouldn't trade it for the world.

I love my hubby, I love my kids, and we are blessed beyond anything I could have imagined. My only hope is that things slow down at least a little. The Tyranny of the Urgent often resonates in my mind, if you haven't heard of this book, it's small, but so huge in terms of the reality of life. Check it out here... www.uga.edu/navigators/Resources/Tyranny of the Urgent 2.doc

I have lots of links today, and I guess I am done babbling for the time being. Enjoy the pictures from our weekend. More to come as we continue our adventures!

Bella (mom), "fatty patty" (the pup's temporary name), Leah and
cousin Riley


Can you blame Leah for her love.....
Ethan and Riley...Leah and Ethan live to ride the gator when we visit

The whole bunch...Aunt Hopey, Cody, and "baby Shay Shay" along with the aforementioned :)
Yes this really is high, and yes, that really is Ethan...he LOVED it. what you don't see are the two huge slides on the other side!



Cousins!

2 comments:

Andrea said...

love the pics meli! looks like the kids had lots of fun. What a neat place-I wanna go! I can't believe your only a few weeks away from having #4!! I'm thinkin with all this runnin around your doing,she's gonna come out earlier then expected!

love ya!
annie

Terri said...

I agree with your sister - I think all this activity will bring the lil one sooner - Hope Ira is well trained in the home birth process!! hee hee.

Can't wait to see pictures! Enjoy the insanity!