Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Seven Months Later....



So, I have learned from FLYlady (www.flylady.net) that I am a SHE. That is "SHE" as in Sidetracked Home Executive. I like the Home Executive title, maybe I should put that on forms when it asks my "job title". It sounds a bit more "all encompassing" than SAHM. Sidetracked?....aka- undisciplined...a struggle I have been dealing with all my life. Thanks to Flylady, I am getting some better order to many hats I change throughout the day, but man, a title I hide well and hate to have attached to me. So, that is sort of why I can't even keep up a blog, thus here I am seven months from my last post. I never thought of myself as a perfectionist, but perfectionism can keep us from accomplishing things because we are afraid to take baby steps, as I am learning. Ira started helping me learn this when I was at Kennesaw getting my bachelors and I had to write papers. I used to just want to sit down and start from the beginning and finish to the end in one sitting...not fun. I learned you can start at the beginning, skip to the middle, come back another day, write some more...it was an amazing discovery for me as dumb as that sounds. Aren't we always learning and changing? I always find it amazing how we are always changing yet staying the same.

Speaking of change, we have decided to take a break from homeschooling this next fall and have enrolled Leah and Ethan in public school. Yes, I know, I can hear some of the scoffs and snickers, but as we always said we were taking one year at a time with homeschooling...this is where we are feeling led this year in our journey. Truth be told, I feel an overwhelming sense of relief, but not without the mixed emotions of skepticism and worry that we are "really" making the right decision. All I know is God's grace is sufficient and Mommy needs a little "time off" and regrouping! Overall I have a peace about it, and continually pray for God's wisdom and guidance as we try and lead our family where HE would have us go....

Looking forward to our summer adventures, traveling to see family, camping with Claire, all the kids birthdays (Ira included ;), art camp, soccer camp, kids annual physicals, dentist visits....feels like the summer is already all accounted for, I'm sure it will fly!

No comments: