In between the sick we had some very enjoyable times. It started with a Friend and Family fun weekend at River Valley Ranch where Ira's brother Dan and his family lives/works. (www.rivervalleyranch.com). We always have fun there, but this was their special 4th of July celebration weekend. (the last weekend in June). Zipline, swimming, fireworks, getting lost, hungry and irritable...oh wait, that wasn't a fun part ;) you can see some pics on my facebook page from that weekend. Our great friends, and new youth pastor at our church, the Bockmanns came with us and I'm so glad they did!
After Maryland we came home, regrouped, caught up on chores and then went to see Ira's family in Lynchburg (which for some reason I don't think I took any pictures. We had fun going to Poplar forest ( T. Jefferson's summer home), seeing our new nephew Judah, seeing Uncle Lob from NC, paint ball, and feeding the fish in Papa Gene's full and stocked semi-new pond. I can't believe I didn't get any pictures but, everyday, Leah would get up with Papa Gene in the morning and go feed (bottle feed) the goats he recently got, oh and Peter the Pig too. Good times.
From there we went to Falls Church, VA to see my cousin Cory and his 1 year new wife Nikki. First time we had met Nikki as I couldn't celebrate in the wedding festivities d/t to the corresponding birth of Claire :) They are so cute and in love with only the cares of eachother...sweet, I remember those days. I mean I am still in love...just a little distracted with my four littles..it does change things some! We had fun, Cory, myself and the 4 kiddos, riding the Metro into DC and checking out the Air and Space museum. Check out the cool pictures my cousin took that day...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/strangered/sets/72157621276270413/
Came home a little early because more sick decided to visit. Sick is still lingering just little, REALLY wish he would just leave....for good! Atleast until the fall when school starts right? Well, off to bed.


1 comment:
that "sick" is never a welcome guess. sounds like you're mentally preparing for the next round once school's back in session. ugh. GREAT pics your cousin took - I mean OBVIOUSLY he had some very good looking, photogenic people as subjects but he's got some talent too. I have camera envy ...........big time!! And Leah - AMAZING artwork - LOVED it - did that one get framed?
Post a Comment