I just e-mailed an old friend of mine and thought that what I wrote pretty much summed up how I feel right now. Excuse the copy and post, but I thought it was worth having somewhere permanent so I could look back once the Lord leads us through this somewhat "dry" season and see how He led us through....just like He always does. I am too tired to write more, but determined to keep up this blog...
We are stressed out parents. Life is like a roller coaster these days. I want to have a peaceful home, but all I feel is noise and chaos and stress. Ira's handling of stress doesn't really help matters, and then I feel I have to pick up those broken pieces too. We have little breaks of sunshine here and there, but only in between the longer feelings of the aformentioned. God's grace sustains me and helps me, but when I feel like I am giving every last drop and then the rest is being sucked out of me....I don't know. It's so hard to hold it all together when I feel like I am falling apart on the inside more often than not.
The kids start school tomorrow. I am actually really looking forward to it, but of course with a small feeling of nervous apprehension at all the unknowns. Leah is my helper and my little angel...I don't say this because she is my daughter, but truly, she has a perception and a heart for God that gives me encouragement that He is with her. Ethan...he just goes with the flow, I think he'll be fine as long as his feelings don't get hurt. He is really sensitive.
I am praying for a daily renewal, hope and vigor for the Lord and life, for both Ira and I as we fulfill our God given gift of parenthood. I had NO idea how challenging and exhausting it would be. Does anyone else feel the madness??
Monday, September 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Praying for you Melissa! You are a good mom!
You are certainly not alone.
If these times were not so hard, would I spend as much time with the Lord? Would I *NEED* Him to sustain me every single minute of the day? Probably not, unfortunately.
I am praying for you and the whole family!!!!! :)
Thank you girls :)
Post a Comment