On a more positive note, we really did have a great first day of school today. Leah and Ethan we're so excited, Leah pretty much ran to the bus stop this morning. Ethan has afternoon K, but he wanted to bring his backback on Leah's send off anyway! I didn't cry, which seems to be a popular topic, but I certainly teared up as I watched their little faces through the window of the bus driving away....sniff, sniff. The day went SO fast and Owen and Claire kept me occupied and busy as usual, so not a lot of time to really think about it. I think Owen was pretty sad that Leah and Ethan were gone, but I think he is getting used to the idea that he is the BIG helper now while they are gone.
Leah came home motoring about all the events of her day with great excitement, and I think Ethan was pooped out. We had a special dinner....crab legs and a trip to Rita's for dessert just to celebrate the occasion. It was first time we ever steamed crab legs ourselves (thank you shoprite for the nice sale), and the kids thought it was so cool. Owen wanted to know where the head to all these legs were...too funny.
To launch off the back to school fun we had a campout in the backyard...about as far as we can go right now with a one year old and a camper. Claire and I slept in the house, although I would have much rather been out in the camper. Oh well. We did get to roast marshmellow, and do some sparklers we had left over from the 4th of July.
A little out of order, but...


No comments:
Post a Comment